DigiPen (Singapore) will be hosting the annual awards ceremony to celebrate the amazing work of our students.
The main objective of the awards is to recognize our students’ creativity and innovation in game design and animation. It is also an important platform for our students to showcase their talents and potential to our industry partners.
This year, for the first time, we will be recognizing the outstanding achievements of our students in game design and animation concurrently.
Award Categories and Prizes
The top five finalists of each category will receive certificates of excellence. All finalists may collect the certificates at the front desk after the awards ceremony.
Only one game/animation will be recognized as the winner of each category. Individual certificates will be awarded to each member of the winning game/animation during the awards ceremony.
Eligibility and Rules
All current matriculated students are eligible to participate in the DigiPen (Singapore) Game & Animation Awards 2019.
Only games and animations created during Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 will be considered.
All animations are automatically considered for the awards.
All game teams need to complete the following procedures in order to be considered for the awards:
- Complete the participation form (available in SRS).
- Submit a game trailer (12-15 seconds).
- MUST begin with the name of the game.
- DigiPen logo is NOT required.
- Credits/Acknowledgements is optional.
- Submit a photo of the game (.jpeg format) with the name of the game.
- For games of Summer 2018 or Fall 2018: 15 February 2019 (Friday)
- For games of Spring 2019: 12 April 2019 (Friday)
Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
A panel consisting of lecturers/academic instructors and/or industry professionals will evaluate all submissions for each category.
The panel’s decision will be final and irrevocable.
DigiPen (Singapore) reserves the right to amend the rules and the judging criteria of the Awards without prior notice.
Thursday, 18 April 2019
SIT Auditorium, SIT@Dover, 10 Dover Drive, Singapore 138683
- 3:00 p.m. — Screening of all animation projects
- 5:00 p.m. — Refreshment break
- 6:00 p.m. — Awards presentation
- 7:30 p.m. — Dinner buffet