DigiPen (Singapore) will be hosting its annual Student Showcase to recognize the best games of the year as decided by DigiPen (Singapore)’s academic instructors.
2018 DigiPen (Singapore) Game Awards
20 April 2018 (Friday)
LT 6C, SIT@SP Building
Award Categories and Prizes
- Best 3D Visual Design
- Best User Interface
- Best Physics
- Best Graphics Technology
- Best Sound Design
- Claude Comair Grand Prize for Game of the Year
- 1st Prize: SGD 3,000
- 2nd Prize: SGD 2,000
- 3rd Prize: SGD 1,000
We are proud to announce that our strategic partners are joining the DigiPen (Singapore) Game Awards as sponsors to celebrate our students’ creativity and innovation. This year, the following awards categories each come with cash prizes of SGD 500.
- ST Electronics (Training & Simulation Systems) Best Freshman Game
- Autodesk Most Innovative Design
- Ubisoft Best Multiplayer
- Ubisoft Best Artificial Intelligence
- Bandai Namco Best Sophomore Game
- Koei Tecmo Best 2D Visual Design
- Koei Tecmo Best Junior Game
- Acronis Best Junior Technology
- Acronis Best Sophomore Technology
Students’ Choice Awards
- Best Freshman Game
- Best Sophomore Game
- Best Junior Game
- Students’ Choice Game of the Year
Participation in each category must be supported by an instructor. The top five finalists in each category (not including the Students’ Choice Awards) will receive certificates of excellence. Only one game will be recognized as the winner of each category. Individual certificates will be awarded to each member of the winning games.
Eligibility and Rules
All current students are eligible to participate in DigiPen (Singapore) Game Awards 2018.
Only games created between Summer 2017 and Spring 2018 will be considered.
To have your game considered, you must complete the participation form (available in SRS) and submit it to the Student Life & Advising Office along with:
- a game trailer (12-15 seconds long)
- an image of/from the game (in jpeg format) which includes the name of the game
- 2 February 2018 (Friday), for games of Summer 2017 or Fall 2017
- 13 April 2018 (Friday), for games of Spring 2018
Completed games uploaded to the DigiPen Games Gallery without submission of the participation form will not be considered for the awards.
Late or incomplete submission will not be processed.
A panel consisting of lecturers/academic instructors will evaluate all submissions for each category.
The panel’s decision will be final and irrevocable.
For the Students’ Choice Awards, all current students of DigiPen (Singapore) may cast a vote. Voting begins 16 April 2018 (Monday) at 12:00 p.m. and ends on 18 April 2018 (Wednesday) at 3:00 p.m.
Voting link will be announced later via email to all students.
DigiPen (Singapore) reserves the right to amend the rules and the judging criteria of the Awards without prior notice.
Please email the Student Life & Advising Office at studentlife.sg[at]digipen[dot]edu with any questions.