Every student at DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore is assigned an Academic Advisor. Your advisor can be either a faculty member from your major or a staff member who is familiar with your program requirements.
Your advisor is assigned upon matriculation. This means that you will not know your advisor assignment until the week of Orientation. Matriculated students can use SRS to find their advisors. To do so:
- Log in to SRS using your eight-digit ID number and assigned password
- Move the mouse to “My Profile” at the top of the page
- Click “My Record” on the drop-down menu
- Your advisor assignments are in the right column at the bottom of the “Academic Information” column
As a freshman, you will be required to meet with your academic advisor during the third and eighth week of your first semester. This ensures that you are enrolling in the correct classes and are doing well in them. You are encouraged to speak to your advisor about:
- Choosing classes for the coming semester
- Academic progress
- Setting academic goals
- Changing majors
- Career advice
- Preparation for graduation
- Pursuing preferred careers
- Developing interview skills
- Constructing a resume
- Social issues
You may seek academic advice through the Student Life & Advising Office as long as you maintain an “enrolled” status at DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore.
Contact the Student Life & Advising Office at studentlife.sg[at]digipen[dot]edu with any academic advising questions.