Back to top

DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore has established protocols to investigate student grievances and appeals.

Concerns Over Academic Standing

Students who would like to file an appeal against a decision regarding their academic standing in a particular module should discuss the matter with their instructor. If a satisfactory resolution is unattainable, students may file an appeal with the Department Chair for that module. If the resultant solution is still unsatisfactory, then students may file an appeal with the Provost. Students may appeal grades and review exams no later than two weeks after grade reports are issued. The Institute reserves the right to remove any examination papers after the two-week appeal period. However, academic records will be kept indefinitely.

If you have any questions about your grades, you may email the Registrar’s Office at[at]digipen[dot]edu or refer to the grade appeals process.

Other Disputes

Generally, a student who is dissatisfied with a situation or event should discuss the matter with the instructors or speak to the Student Life and Advising Officer. Whenever possible, every effort should be made to resolve the problem fairly and promptly at that level.

Students who feel that they have any other type of dispute with the Institute should file a complaint with the relevant Department Chair or supervisor. A copy of this complaint shall be given to those involved with the dispute. If the student is not satisfied with the decision of the Department Chair or supervisor, a second complaint may be submitted to the Chief Operating Officer — International. If the student is still dissatisfied with the decision, they may appeal to the President of the Institute.

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Life and Advising Office at[at]digipen[dot]edu.

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges

Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints. If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to:

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212 | complaints[at]accsc[dot]org

A copy of the ACCSC Complaint Form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting complaints[at]accsc[dot]org or at the ACCSC Complaints page.