The following tools are required for the MET1002 (Computer Environment) and MET1302 (Digital Electronics I) modules. You should have these tools ready before the trimester starts. These tools are not just for both modules, but also for other hardware-related courses in this joint degree program and your future engineering career. You are not obliged to purchase any of the tools if you already have them, or if your existing tools are better than those in the following list.
All items can be purchased through the element14 online store. Refer to your orientation email for an education discount.
- Digital multimeter – A tool for measuring electric currents and voltage.
- Long-nose plier – Used for cutting copper and soft lead wires.
- Wire stripper and cutter – A tool for removing the protective coating of wire.
- Tweezer – Used to pick up and move wires with precision.
- Side cutter – Another tool used for cutting wires.
- Philips head screwdriver – A tool designed to work with the Phillips screw.
- Slotted screwdriver – A second screwdriver designed for slotted screws.
If you have queries regarding the tools needed for these classes, please email the MET1002 & MET1302 instructor, Dr. Ng Kian Ann, at kianann.ng[at]digipen[dot]edu.