Personal laptops are compulsory for all Continuing Education trainees. Below are the general recommendations for laptops:
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Education, or later. Apple Mac OS is not recommended. Mac users are required to have dual boot Windows on their laptop or alternative Mac-OS compatible software as needed for their respective courses.
- Processor: Intel 9th Gen i7-9750H, its equivalent, or better.
- RAM: 16 GB RAM minimum.
- Hard Drive: Trainee’s preference.
- For Machine Learning — It is important to have a powerful video card due to certain machine learning algorithms and software that heavily use GPU computation power for parallel processing. The alternative is to leverage cloud machine learning solutions such as those from AWS and Google for the modules that require them. These cloud solutions are usually pay-as-you-use and should not be costly for the training duration period.
- For Full Stack Software Development (Java) — Trainee’s preference.
- For Full Stack Software Development (Python) — Trainee’s preference.
- For Data Analytics & Data Engineering — Trainee’s preference.